29 September 2009

September 29th, 2009

We have just taken in a very sick adult female today. I have only up until now had in babies other than the one adult we took to Essex Wildlife hospital. This one we ended up taking to the vets, but they were full up and so we ended up bringing her back with us along with some antibiotics. I have been feeding her fluids every hour and she is finally getting a bit stronger. This last feed she refused and just wanted a rest I think. So have left her for a bit longer. We have named her Jamie after her finder. So Jamie if you read this she is still hanging in there as of when this is posted. We deflead her as she was really covered with the horrid things and I did find one tick on her which is now dead. She looks to have had some babies, but I don't think they are recent, but rather older ones. I hope they are okay.
Well anyway, if you all don't hear from me for a bit, it is because I am desperately trying to save our little lady.

No comments: